Truth-Hurts

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My Experience with KSJS

I am currently enrolled in RTVF 192 and 94 and its easy to say that is one of the best experiences I ever had in this university. Basically these classes are the radio station classes. In these classes, students learn about the radio station, duties within the station, the FCC rules, and many other things. In order to pass the class, students must contribute hours to the radio station. Either by helping filling out traffic logs, writing music reviews, or attending movie previews, students can hours they need to pass the class. Overall, its a pretty fun class and I totally recommend it to anyone who loves music.
Recently I've been training to a live on-air DJ for the San Jose State radio station, 90.5 KSJS. After recieving an "A" on my midterm, I had the opportunnity to choose a time slot for me to fullfil my training. The time slot I choose was Thursday 8:00-10:00 a.m. because it best fitted my schedule. After the time slot and entering the designated time, I was able to meet my trainer. My trainer's name was "The Beatnik." She was a pretty cool person. After meeting her, I figured out we had a lot in common. We both loved the same music, had simlar personalities, and we both choice Nas as our favorite emcee.
Training with her was been great. I was able work the board, answer telephone calls, work the cd player, spin the turntable, and fill out music logs. She was able to teach me a lot of things.
Just last week I had the most interesting experience with the radio station ever. I had an on-air interview with my trainer live! I could not believe I was talking live on the air. The Beatnik ask me a couple of question regarding the radio station. She asked me about the my favorite rappers, my opinions about the radio station, and other information regarding myself. It truly was a unique feeling knowing I was on the air live.

If you want to catch me on my training session, tune in to 90.5 fm, at 8:00-10:00 a.m. Thursdays. The show is called "The Urban Design," and it plays a lot of underground hip hop. So, if your down with hip hop or just want to show some love to your boy, I suggest you tune in and give it a listen. These week The Beatnik is going to allow to me to read some Public Service Annoucements live. I just hope I don't mess up.


KSJS website: http://www.ksjs.org/


Listen to KSJS right now!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home