Truth-Hurts

Monday, November 20, 2006

My Last Training Day with KSJS

My Last Training Day with KSJS can be described in one word, disaster. I suffered a lot of technical problems while I was on the air. One of the notable problems was the major mistake I did with the instrumental track. At the radio station, it is good to play an instrumental track while talking live on air. Playing an instrumental track makes the DJ sound more enjoyable as he or she speaks. One of the major mistakes I did at my last training day involved the instrumental track. As I looked up at the clock, I noticed that it was almost my time to announce my live Public Service announcement. It was planned that after the track that is currently playing would end, I would play the instrumental and begin my announcement. When the track ended, I pushed the button to play instrumental. To my surprise, the intrumental track did not play on the air. As I fidget with the control panel, trying to get the instrumental to play, nothing was being played on the air. In other words, there was arounds 20 seconds of dead air. Dead air means nothing is being heard from the radio station.
Another problem I suffered was reading the Live PSA. Some of the public service annoucements were hard to read due to the faded ink on the paper, that I had to read. While reading the announcement on air, I would stumble on a couple of the phrases.
Those problems basically made my show sound unprepaired and utterly boring. Though there was some people that called the station claiming I was doing a good job, I had to feel that is was kind of like pity. Having 2 hours to myself seems to be a lot harder than I thought.

This will not be the end of my radio experience. I will continue to show up at Beatnik's show for a couple more weeks, including this Thanksgiving. Though Deejaying maybe somewhat hard, it also fun as well. I will use the remaining weeks I have to sharpen my skills. Thank you for all those that were able to listen me on the radio station.

Want to become connected with KSJS? Here is the Message Board. You can contact the KSJS DJs here.

Listen to KSJS RIGHT NOW!!!

I'll still be at the station this Thanksgiving Thursday. 8:00-10:00 am.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truth, you need to pay attention to the comments left on your site. I'm looking at a spam comment right now. You should be getting email notifications every time someone leaves a comment, and when you get spam comments, delete them.

I'm glad you're writing about your DJ'ing experiences. Sounds like you learned at least two valuable lessons from that last session -- if the background music doesn't play, start talking. The worst thing on radio is dead air. And, second, practice reading your PSAs before it's time to read them live.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Truth Hurts said...

Thank you Professor for the advice.

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Online Poker Site Review said...

Bravo, remarkable idea

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A canoe is the best way to fish this river, but some fishing is possible from shore, especially by the Smart Road bridge. http://officialcanadagoosesoutlet.ca And on top of that, it makes a mess.. But within the next year, that's something that should be reachable.". However, by 1970 he was back on the club scene.
"Oh Di-o-let! I Wuv her!" Baby Jack's Playdate Maisie Mom in Malibu A Special Treat for Francie Father's Day Cousins and Chickens HAPPY FATHERS DAY DADDY! Maisie in Malibu Daddy's Barber Shop Airplanes Entertaining Ourselves Afternoon Ice Cream! Thanks Auntie Em!!! I LOVE Amazon Prime Maisie Moo Prayers for Adam, Hope Charlie Sunday Night. [url=http://www.icanadagooseca.com]canada goose chilliwack bomber[/url] How much does it cost? In general, salons charge approximately $25 (US) per session. [url=http://officialcanadagoosesoutlet.ca]canada goose for sale[/url]
[url=http://flyballbags.com]canada goose chilliwack[/url] But in our website, you can get the best quality, but low price, your dream can come truth, so nice! Why not to do it! Save you money so much and try to seek Bell Ross Airborne watches,BRM watch MTD-53/35-N and BRM watch R-50-TN-OR in our website, you will get more and more pleasantly surprised. [url=http://www.onlinebeatsbydreoutlet.com]beats pro audio cord[/url]

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
Like the majority of people numerous other positions,architectural jobs are offered leaving regular performance reviews And if all your family want to understand more about provide evidence you're worth a great deal more you will want to educate yourself regarding supply proof that all your family members are of value for more information on the company. Therefore,wanted every famous you have got along going to be the way. You'll also find that it's an all in one good reminder for those times when you're having a minimum of one to do with any of those inevitable bad working hours.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home